A/C cut relay 1993 Legacy

Where is it? Does anyone know where I can locate the a/c cut relay on my 1993 Legacy?

Thanks!

Reply to
heycosmo

What is the problem you are trying to fix? There may be a relay that controls the compressor clutch, but there are also pressure cutout switches that protect the compressor from low or high system pressure and will open the clutch circuit if the pressure goes out of the acceptable range. The ECU can also control the compressor based on temperature and throttle position.

Reply to
mulder

I have already checked the pressure switch which is supplying the trip voltage to an a/c relay. But, from that relay, power goes through another relay called the a/c cut relay before getting to the compressor.

Problem is my compressor clutch won't engage. Thanks for the reply.

Reply to
heycosmo

ok. So I just forced my pressure switch into the two proper positions (disconnecting the wire bundle and using a jumper wire) and the a/c started working. I then reconnected the pressure switch wire bundle to the system and the a/c continues to work like a champ. Weird. Any explanations? Did I just permanently fix it?

Reply to
heycosmo

Maybe the connections to that switch were dirty or loose. It might be a good idea to put gauges on it and see what the pressures really are.

Reply to
mulder