A Forester reinvigorated -- all new parts

My wife of 35 years has an immaculate and polished - but high-mileage -

2000 Forester.

A neighbor's 2011 was totaled after someone rear-ended it. She let me buy the wreck. Friends and I swapped everything possible over a weekend. I sold the wreck for about what I paid her insurance company.

Everything fit just right, and now our 2000 model has 8,000 miles on everything that counts. We even have leather!!!

Total cost was about $900 plus two cases of Stella plus the work. It amazes me that (mechanically) there is almost no difference between those cars eleven model years apart. I think my beautiful wife's beautiful car can go another 200,000 miles now...

But it's a Subie, and might have gone that far without all the work - who knows?

Reply to
Ignorant.not.stupid

bravo!

Reply to