abs and alarm question 97 Legacy Outback

hi folks,

this is my first time posting...

one question is about the abs system: dealer told me that they read codes

42 and 46 from the system. anyone know what they mean? -- dealer won't want to tell me, he is being around the bush. or maybe you can direct me to where i can find the codes. i understand that these are not the same as the obd2 codes, right?

second question is about the alarm system: can anyone tell me where this unit is? the dealer told me it is unplugged and when they plugged it in it behaved eratically -- I want to plug it in myself and see the behavior. dealer said that there either is a wiring problem or the unit is bad. I also want to see if there is any visible damage to the unit, maybe I will open it up and fix it. am i being too hopeful.

thanks in advance!

Reply to
buba