Add Remote Keyless to 95 Legacy L w/ Power Locks - Actuators Needed?

We are about to add an Audiovox APS55LRA remote start and keyless entry kit to our 95 Legacy L wagon. One of the wiring diagram sources said we need to add actuators in the driver's door to add keyless entry to the factory power locks. Is this correct? It's hard to imagine that the door lock/unlock switch function cannot be duplicated by a simple momentary +12v to something.

Thanks for any help!

Reply to
jjnet