Adding 12v pwr oultet to my '03 Baja - which power source should I use?

I'm going to add two 12v power outlets (cigarette-lighter type) to the rear of the center console. There's a nice little plastic panel that snaps out and is just begging for some outlets. Where should I tap into the power? Should I make a long cable run to the battery, or is there a closer source? What about using the power source under the passenger seat for the dealer-installed audio amplifier?

Also, will attaching to the body-ground where the console mounts to the driveshaft tunnel provide me with clean power for running a cell phone charger, portable DVD and GPS unit or should I make a run to the battery?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
alex3324