adjustable interval wipers?

my '02 legacy wagon has intermittent wipers, but the interval isn't adjustable, so it works "just right" more or less never.

is there any way to add a control to change the interval between wipes (like transplanting an optional control from an organ donor), or is it fixed electronically somewhere?

Reply to
tom klein

I dunno about XTs, but XT-6s have a nice, user adjustable interval wiper controller in them, that even speeds up the interval of the wiper based on the car's speed, and back down again when you come to a stop and don't need

10 wipes a minute anymore. You might see if you can find one of those. Not sure all the complexities necessary for hooking one in, but I'll bet if you're clever enough, you can even get the speed sensor going. (-; If Subaru had that part way back when, I don't see why it isn't an option for their newer cars, as they already spent the R&D on it.

I've often thought of adding something adjustable like that to my Impreza. Not sure if you would add it to the existing wiper controller, or if you need to replace the existing stuffs with it, but that's the sort of controller I would look for. Last time I asked at a wrecking yard, they said only newer luxury cars had a speed variable controller. Is that yet another thing Subaru put in ahead of it's time! :-)

~Brian

Reply to
strchild

I do not have those either.. as you said, they are never just right. Is the drizzle ever so intermittent to be "just right"? Never thought of that intermittent being adjustable, have had that in many cars, very rarely used it.

Reply to
bgd

"tom klein" schreef in bericht news:45b9b73e$0$24401$ snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com...

bay an original wiper switch with adjustable interval and replace it and it will work

Reply to
wim