Adjusting subwoofer

I have the 2006 Outback 3.0R VDC wagon and, the subwoofer is WAY too boomy (I have the 7 speaker stereo, I think, with the subwoofer mounted in the cargo area). Is there a separate adjustment for it? I don't see an amplifier under the seats or anything (I have the navigation system, so have the DVD player under the driver's seat).

Thanks!

Reply to
Bill Bradley

Have you dealer disconnect it. If he will remove it for you, it may have value to another Subaru owner on Ebay or the appropriate forum at

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Have you tried reducing the bass level the player puts out? I'd expect that to work, should be an easy trial.

Larry Van Wormer

Reply to
Larry Van Wormer

It's been a while since I installed my subwoofer, the Subaru one, but I think it has a dial adjustment on it. My new stereo came with the default setting of "LOUD". This created a boominess I found objectionable. Turning it off helped a lot.

Reply to
jMon54

Reply to
Bill Bradley

That's what I'm talking about--any idea of WHERE that knob is? My subwoofer is located on the passenger side of the cargo area (I THINK that they sell one that goes under the seat, too).

Reply to
Bill Bradley

If it's the same OEM unit as used in WRX's, there are two trim pots on the exterior of the unit-- the side towards the vehicle centerline, as mounted in a WRX. One pot sets volume, the other is high-cut adjust.

Reply to
CompUser