After market sunroofs + Seattle oriented questions

I have been looking at the new 2004 Foresters and the only reason I'm asking this question is because, annoyingly, you can't get a 5 speed XT with a sunroof in it (who was the mastermind behind that great decision?! grrr...). The dealer I went to see said, no problem, we can put an after market sunroof in there for me, although it obviously won't be as big as the honkin' factory one. I was always told over the years to avoid after market sunroofs. Curious what the opinions are about this and if anyone has done such a thing to their Forester? I may end up getting an XS with premium package in a

5 speed but I sure do like that turbo.

Other question is what dealer in the Seattle area has the best rep? Saw a post saying Carter was okay; wondering about Eastside in Kirkland and Chaplins in Bellevue. Eastside told me about the after market sunroof and I think they said "Auto Trim" does them but I'm not sure where they are located in the area.

Thanks for the opinions --

Kathy

Reply to
Kathy Kost

Why would you want a sunroof in Seattle?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I tend to agree that they're better. It's been interesting however, that in asking several dealerships (and multiple people within the dealerships), that there is about a 50-50 split as to whether they'd do it to their car. So, I guess it's about whether or not I want to take on the possible risks of leaks, rattles, etc. I think I'm just going to have to stew on it.

And to answer the question about why a sunroof in Seattle, we Seattlites need sunroofs more than anybody -- any bit of light on my head in the dreary winter is worth its weight in gold!

Kathy

Reply to
Kathy Kost