Aftermarket Block Heater?

We'll be moving to a COLDER climate next year and I was wondering if anyone had experience with an aftermarket block heater for an Impreza.

FYI - mine an old FWD Impreza witht ABS - not too many of those around.

Reply to
SayItAgain

Once lived 3 years in Alaska. Coldest day I can remember was -57F. My Subaru at the time had a block heater, battery heater, oil pan and transmission pan heater. Probably overkill but that old Subaru never failed me. There are at least 3 different types of block (engine) heaters. Some replace a soft plug. Some are tapped into a heater hose and there are even magnitic types that just stick to metal. last type won't work on the Subaru since it doesn't have an iron block. Don't know how cold wherever you are moving to, but I would think if the temperatures don't drop below -20F you should be fine with a battery blanket and oil pan heater. The oil pan heater is just glued to the pan...cheap and very effective.

Reply to
johninKY

I have installed and recommend the type that screw into the bottom of the water jacket, what exactly do you want to know? TG

Reply to
TG