aftermarket tuning --> but not Fast and/or Furious

hey gang. I posted here once or twice a while back, but I have returned looking for some direction.

I am looking to take my 1997 2.2 litre impreza wagon and give it a little modification. It recently became our 2nd car, and at eight years old and with a little over 100K miles as the family truckster it seems like a good time to start tinkering.

Not looking to turn it into a rice-burning, street racing machine like the high-school kids would do or anything like that, but rather just give it a little extra "oomph"...

you know, a little more pep on acceleration, a bit better handling, a tad more power, that kind of thing. Add a bit of "fun" to the ride, while maintaining practicality and an "everyday car" kind of look.

Nothing outrageous, just a little here or there that you'd consider a DIY in the driveway over the weekend type thing. Oh yeah, I don't want to spend a fortune on it either (makes it harder,, no?)

Any links, tips, tricks or pointers would be appreciated..

I know I am being a bit vaugue, but I don't want to limit any responses, and am looking for a wide range of input. I have no specific goals in mind, just looking for some easy yet fulfilling projects to improve my favorite little Sube.

thanks in advance

Reply to
bb2004

Whiteline rear anti-sway bar, probably Whiteline 'comfort' ALK, lighter wheels(I like Kosei - but....), better tires, MAYBE slightly lower springs and camber bolts. Lightened flywheel (try to stay above 12-13lbs or so though)and shorter shifter if manual, maybe alloy but not underdrive pulleys, intake 'snorkusectomy' (careful about oiled filters though - bad for MAFs sometimes) 'sporty exhaust' (Blitz Nur sounds nice to me - there may be some downloadable sound files) read up on the 'grounding' mods too)

If you get VERY crazy there are some cams and stroker kits for that engine IIRC - probably from Oz.

sigh - as you can see, what you're about to do is kinda a dream of mine! have fun (check

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

bb2004 wrote:

Reply to