Air filter in glove box question?

I have a 2003 Forester XS. I don't know if I have one of these in my car. The manual states where and how to remove "but if equiped". I don't want to remove my glove box if I don't have to. Is there a way to tell if I have one with out tearing out the glove box.

Reply to
John

Look for a sticker either on the door jamb or near the door latch (It's the squarish, yellow sticker). The sticker will tell you if it's equipped with the air filtration kit. Another place you can look is along the edge of the glovebox. Look for a sticker that tells you when the filter was installed.

Reply to
ricardo381

are you installing a replacement? if so you'd have to remove the glovebox anyway, won't you? and if you don't then why would you want to mess with the glovebox?

my 05 obs came without the filter and without the stickers. even if the filter was installed there is no guarantee the sticker was updated. my oem replacement cabin filter came without the door jamb sticker.

are subaru service departments careful updating the stickers when they replace the cabin filters?

Reply to
isquat