Alarm light flashing continuously when car is off - armed or not

I have a 99 SUS Ltd Sedan with keyless entry and alarm system. Last nite, I was trying to fix the cruise control button backlight bulb (determine which one is out etc) as well as messing with the rear defrost switch. During all this time of having the headlights on, radio on, overhead light on and the car only in accessory mode, I killed my battery.

Got the car jumped with no issues and it's running fine but now, my security system light is flashing constantly two times in a row, then a slight pause, then two times again, etc. This happens whether I've armed the system or not but as soon as I start the car up, it turns off. I can't remember how to trip my system but I don't think it's actually armning even though the horn is beeping to indicate it's armed and the doors are locking (one horn beep when I arm, 2 when I disarm as normal). To test arming, I closed the doors, hit the alarm on the key ring, 1 beep, normally armed. Then I put the key in the door and opened the drivers door and then opened the handle... no alarm went off and I THINK this is how I've tripped it before. I also tried the same with the trunk and no blaring horn going off.

Any one know what's up? I looked in my book and it doesn't say anything about 2 quick flashes on the light and then a pause constantly, only how to go into the mode where you can see what zone was tripped with 1, 3, or 4 flashing lights.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
ismlv

was trying to fix the cruise control button backlight bulb

switch. During all this time of having the headlights on, radio

system light is flashing constantly two times in a row, then a

system or not but as soon as I start the car up, it turns off.

even though the horn is beeping to indicate it's armed and

To test arming, I closed the doors, hit the alarm on the key

drivers door and then opened the handle... no alarm went off and

trunk and no blaring horn going off.

2 quick flashes on the light and then a pause constantly, only
4 flashing lights.
Reply to
mulder

was trying to fix the cruise control button backlight bulb

switch. During all this time of having the headlights on, radio

system light is flashing constantly two times in a row, then a

system or not but as soon as I start the car up, it turns off.

armning even though the horn is beeping to indicate it's armed and

To test arming, I closed the doors, hit the alarm on the key

drivers door and then opened the handle... no alarm went off and

trunk and no blaring horn going off.

2 quick flashes on the light and then a pause constantly, only
4 flashing lights.
Reply to
ismlv

Thanks for the help. My wife's 02 Outback developed the same problem. I read the manual but found it to be sufficiently confusing that I couldn't fix it. However, with this newsgroup to the rescue and your answer, I did what you said and all is cured. Thanks again. -Paul

Reply to
Paul