All season tyres for Forrester

Can anyone reccomend a good all season tyre for the forrrester that can handle Snow & Ice as well as mud/gravel/wet grass in addition to Motorway. I know it sounds a lot but... Are the stock tyres (Bridgestone Duellers) any good also the Nokian WR look promising but not sure how good they are off-road. rgds Stephen

Reply to
sjhaley

As I have reported before. I switched from the stock Geolandar900's that came on my 04 Forester at 17,000km. I now have 23,000km on my Goodyear TripleTreads. They are the best all-season tire I have ever driven. I drive the west coast of Canada (Vancouver Island). Lot's of rain. Not steady snow in winter but when it comes it's wet, heavy and slippery. I ski at mount washington, and travel gravel logging roads occasionaly for my work. I just had them rotated not 2 hours ago at Fountain Tire. I asked them to check them for cuts etc as I had just completed a project involving 500km worth of logging road trips. Tires were in perfect condition, no cuts, normal wear. The wear is very good on them in my experience and by reeport at

They are the highest rated all-season at tirerack.com. I can't say enough, great tire!

Reply to
Grolsch

I have on order for my 2002 Forester a set of BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A P205/70R15 95T. SUV tread with raised outline letters like the original Bridgestones.

Steve Bukosky

Reply to
Steve Bukosky

I put a set of Michelin Hydroedge's on my wife's '04 Altima, to replace the mediocre (at best) Bridgestone Turanza's that her car came equipped with. ***What is the deal with automakers and low-end Bridgestone's anyhow?*** Anyhow, the Hydroedge tires are awesome. Plus, they are rated at 80,000 miles! I will pobably be putting a set on my Baja here very soon. They have really kicked ass on the Altima, with FWD, I can't wait to get them on my Subie. I would give them a check. I also know quite a few people who have put Big O Legacy Tour's on their Subaru's, and have had great results.

About 2 years ago (at around 60,000 miles) I replaced the OEM Bridgestone Duellers on my 2001 Forester with Cooper Lifeliner SLEs. Tread wear rating is about 4 times that of the Duellers. The Coopers now have over 55,000 miles on them and still have lots of tread. The also run quieter and have better wet and snow handling than the Duellers at about 2/3 the cost. I can't compare with any other tires, but the Coopers were definitely a good deal compared to new Bridgestones.

Dan

Reply to
Dan
14 mos ago, I replaced the original tires on my 2004 Forester XT w. Continental ContiExtremeContacts. And I have been quite pleased. Much better traction, especially during all of last year's snow storms in the Philly area. And they have outlasted my originals.
Reply to
graphitenospampaddle

Best tires I've ever owened.

Reply to