Another 2.5RS Question

So I came across an inexpensive '99 RS2.5, with a blown engine, and am toying with the idea of buying the car and replacing the blown 2.5L with a remanufactured 2.2L... I know the 'normal' Impreza came with that engine in '99 but am wondering about the transmission. Anyone know if the 2.5 and 2.2 used the same 5-speed?

Thx,

Dan D (formerly) '99 Legacy L 30th (son's) Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

an even better question is: do the same engines have the same wiring looms. I know turbo non turbo swap is non trivial due to the wiring issues dunno about the non turbo engines of the same displacement but i'd expect that the wiring is not identical.

what's wrong with a rebuilt 2.5? you're just looking for a project to kill (lots of) time?

Reply to
isquat

inexpensive '99 RS2.5, with a blown engine, and am

LOL, no I have plenty of those, with 2 British sports cars to keep me busy..... Actually, we just put a deposit on a '99 RS 2.5 with an '01 engine in it. PO had the timing belt go, so he replaced it with the '01 motor with 35k miles on it.

Dan D '99 RS2.5 Silverthorne (son's) Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58