Any tips to prevent head gaskget failure>97OB>2.5L

i have 100k on my OB and have been reading about all the failure on this engine. any ideas how to reduce the likelyhood. would adding suburu's anti-freeze conditioneer help? thanks, bill

Reply to
eakins

I would recommend checking your coolant level religiously. I do it nearly every fillup. Judging from the thermal mass of the engine and the size of the radiator, I'd say there's very little tolerance to lack-of-coolant over- heating. In other words, if you let it run low or lose coolant, the engine will overheat in no time and warp the heads. By the time it's over, all you'll really know is that the head gasket is blown.

Reply to
Jim Stewart