Anyone have buzzing noise when wet conditons?

Hi,

I have a 2003 Forester that emits a faint buzzing noise when it is raining or wet snow.

Sounds like the remote lock buzzer but not as loud, and sounds like it is coming from under the radiator area, about where that remote entry buzzer is located, I think.

Anyone else ever have this issue. I pretty much ignored it when it was happening a couple of years ago, and it did go away. But it has come back.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
jr

Hmmm - some people have had ABS pumps buzz.

I dunno

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

It's possibly tire noise, particularly if you have snow tires.

I was on a freeway last week and heard a high pitched shriek that sounded exactly like wind noise from an improperly closed window. Got quite frustrated trying to pin it down but then when I changed lanes to a slightly different surface the noise disappeared. Went back, noise reappeared.

Reply to
eachcornerpulling

A wild guess...cat heatshield? Mine did that...more a high pitched rattle.

-C-

Reply to
Clive