Anyone replaced struts on 1999 Outback wagon?

I need new struts on my 1999 OB wagon. The dealer quoted me about $900 parts and labor for OEM struts. That's one, very expensive option. Because this is an older, high mileage car (115,000 miles), does anyone know of any cheaper, aftermarket alternatives that will not change ride height? Any ideas appreciated.

I did find Monroe Sensa-Tracs at monroe.com that suppposedly fit my car, but the website does not indicate price or whether ride height will be changed. KYB's website indicates that the GR2's are not available for the 99 OBW.

Reply to
L. Kreh