Are taupe and ivory the same color in a Subaru Outback?

I have suffered thru a deep grey interior in my current 10 year-old Jeep and want to buy a Subaru Outback; but, the #1 criteria is that the interior color be light! Taupe sounds like a muddy grey, but ivory would be perfect! Please help in the definition of the interior color! Thank you!

Reply to
Chris

Chris, you can look at my discussion about this a few weeks ago if you like, although it mostly veered into a discussion of the utility of light-colored upholstery.

I ended up asking a Subaru salesman why the SOA website calls it "Ivory" but the dealer websites (which all run off a single database) call it "Taupe." He didn't know. Turns out it really is ivory, so the taupe naming on the dealer site is misleading.

Same thing with the dark interior, which SOA calls "Black" and the dealer sites call "Dark Gray." Very weird that they can't get their website terminology standardized.

FYI, the first thing I did when I got my new Outback home was to take a can of Scotchguard and spray every bit of exposed upholstery in the car.

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter