Audio on 06 Outback Ltd

I am about to buy my 5th soobie, drooling over a 2006 outback wagon

2.51 Limited. It comes with the premium audio package which is ok, but really not that great. What are my options? I would not mind pouring some more $$ into it for better sound and an ipod integration but the integrated stereo makes it almost impossible to make a good swap out. Also, whhat are the options with sattelite radio?

Also, it does not come with a subwoofer in the 2.51 ltd - if I buy one from subaru.autowebaccessories.com is it easy to install?

Thanks!

Reply to
ploutos

Here's my two cents. I have an 06 outback sport limited edition. One of the major reasons for choosing that as opposed to the outback is the stereo. Since it's integrated into the dash, you're pretty much stuck with the stock.

There *might* be an auxilary out on that model, but it's really a shot in the dark. I had to change my radio because it could not be modified to add an ipod or satellite. I had the 6 disc in dash changer radio as well.

The only options that you could probably go is an fm transmitter. There's two kinds, one that plugs into the antenna and works well, and one that transmits the audio wireless to the antenna and it doesn't work that well.

I would recommend asking the dealer about it since if he wants your business, he should accommodate your requests. Good Luck!!!

Reply to
wiz561