auto transmission quirks

I have a 2005 Forester LL Beam automatic with 3000 miles. When I drove it home new from the dealership, it downshifted on one occasion from third to first gear at more than 20 MPH when I was accelerating only moderately with approxamately half throttle. The RPM went to about

6000, (redline is about 6200). The car didn't really accelerate very much when this happened because I wasn't giving it that much gas, it just reved up alot. This kind of thing then occured once or twice a day. I was worried about reving the engine so high with very little load (the manual advises against high RPM for the first 1000 miles) so I had it checked out at the dealer. They said all was normal. I kept doing it so I took it in again and there were no erors on the computer. All is normal. The other thing it does, and I have seen this on other posts, is hesitate when you DO need some acceleration. I know I have made several people angry when I pulled out to pass and found nothing there for a second or two, foot on the floor. I have had to modify my driving habits and don't like it. I traded in a 94 Previa van with less power but never had these problems. I kind of wish I had kept it. Does anyone have a solution to this or must I live with it? Thanks
Reply to
potatoman

Edward Hayes

I would check with Subaru or another dealer.

Alec

Reply to
Alec D. Plotkin

I agree, but I would check the AT fluid level first - level ground, engine running, remember? Cheers

Reply to
hippo

Reply to
Steve Vardy