automatic leveling rear axle

how does the automatic leveling on the rear-axle "works" of my Forester AWD

1999 ?

Has anyone a drawing or scheme for me? (can't find it at

thanks, Wilco

Reply to
Wilco van Diest

Edward Hayes

in Holland it was a standard option on the 1999 Forester.

"Edward Hayes" schreef in bericht news:3bw5e.54797$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

Reply to
Wilco van Diest

I thought that everything was level in Holland? Isn't it mostly sea bed surround by fantastic dikes?

Al

Reply to
Al

Yep !

"Al" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@news.verizon.net...

Reply to
Wilco van Diest

All European spec Foresters have self levelling rear suspension. The struts pump themselves up through normal suspension movement as the car is driven; there is an external oil reservoir attached to the side of the strut.

Reply to
Orienteer

Reply to
Edward Hayes

There's no maintenance called for, they're sealed strut units; I hope they last a long time!

Reply to
Orienteer

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Does anyone has pictures. photos or schemes of a Forester self levelling rear suspension ?

Wilco van Diest

In Australia, I think all Outbacks had self-levelling rear suspension and all "Limited" edition and GT Foresters also had it. Standard model Forester didn't.

Cheers Glenn

"Edward Hayes" wrote:

Glenn Pure Canberra, Australia Web page:

Glenn Pure