auxiliary port next to lighter on my 08 impreza

Hello guys, I dont want to have my auxiliary port inside the console. I was planing to put it next to the lighter. I am trying to figure out what is the thing next to the lighter with the blue cable?. Is it a lighter light? I want to cut the plastic with a sander drill and put the auxiliary in the main console.

jcharth