AWD Problems For Legacy

hey i just got a '91 legacy 2.2L with full time 4WD, and the rear wheels arent engaging at all it just remains in front wheel drive. ive checked underneath and yes the rear drive shaft is bolted in and looks absolutley good. so seeing how i live in colorado and i dont wanna get stuck in a blizzard, can anyone help me?

thanks, jesse

Reply to
eternalwintersneversummers

I believe there is a fuse that disables the awd. Your manual should cover that.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Reply to
Tony Burns (permanent dismisse

Don't know what he did, but it's dead easy to tell on my 2.5L -- just put a fuse in the FWD fuse socket and observe how normal starts from intersections now make the front wheels squeal.

Reply to
Bruce Hoult

waaaw! i think your rite! there is a fuse missin in the fusebox that i was kinda curoius about. i never got a manual with the car so i had no idea!

thanks, jesse

Reply to
eternalwintersneversummers

u betcha u bet! ill replace the fuse and well see if it works. i never even new there was a fuse for the 4wd!

woohoo!

thanks, jesse

Reply to
eternalwintersneversummers

firstly, i was drivin up an icy driveway wen BEHOLD! it woodnt make it up the icy driveway!! so henceforth i backed it down and tryed again... only to be met with bitter defeat for a second time! so relentlessly, i backed it down again, questioning the utter grippyness of my tires. this time, just outta curiousity, i opened my door and stuck my head out the window to see if all four weels were turnin, and BEHOLD wat i BEHELD! the back ones wernt. then wen i got home i jacked all four weels up at the same time and only the front ones were spinnin. the end.

Reply to
eternalwintersneversummers

The fuse turns the 4wd off.

Reply to
Bruce Hoult

hey i took my car to a local freend of mine hoo is a mechanic the other day, and we traced the problem to a 4wd silinoid in the tranny so wen i replace that everythin will be shhweet!

tooduhloo, jesse