backlight on Radio stays on

I have a 2002 OBS with 115K. Recently, the original radio backlight stays on even when I take the ignition key out. I have had XM satellite radio direct wired to the radio since 10K miles so that should not be the problem. It appears that the battery draw is insignificant as many times the car is not driven on weekends but still starts on Monday mornings.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the cause of the light staying on?

Tommo

Reply to
Tommo

Perhaps something in the ignition switch is not disconnecting properly.

I would first try disconnecting the XM receiver and see if that has something to do with it.

Reply to
Hachiroku