BAG in my engine!

Hey all,

I need to talk to my dealer, to get this fixed, I was wondering if anyone here could help me stay on track so they don't give me the run around.

a couple of months ago I had some routine work done on my 97 outback. LONG story short, they screwed up and had to put a new engine block in. today, I get in my car, and it's reving at over 4K/rpm! I take it to a local gas station and the pull a BAG out of the engine! They pulled the bag out where the valve is to let air into the engine. (I may be describing it incorrectly)

I should note, that no work has been done on the car since the engine block was replaced, and the guys at the shop told me that they use plastic bags to keep parts of the engine clean and dry.

My question is: is there ANY way possible for that bag to have gotten there normally? And what line of BS do you think the dealer is going to hit me with?

Thanks, G

Reply to
geekmirth

Is there an air filter present? If they left the filter out a plastic bag could be sucked in off the road.

Otherwise, I know of no method for a bag to get in the air system past the filter...

Reply to
Sparky Polastri