Baja/ Subaru Front Brake Problem

HI,

I have 20800 miles on my 2003 Baja. The front brake rotors had to be cut because they were scoured and new pads installed. Any ideas would be helpful. Dealer replaced under warranty, They said it could be normal under certain conditions.... My Baja is all highway mileage.

Reply to
Kar Klean

Got 40+k on the fronts of my 04 OBW- not bad considering my driving . Still have original rears @50 k but will have them done at some point. There is a reason that consumer reports rated the 03 Baja not as reliable as the legacy/outback. 21000 for brakes is low although I had an 86 Dodge Daytona that required yearly brake jobs but I drove it in a spirited manner. Shouldve bought an outback

Reply to
jabario

My '01 OBW was down to the rivets in front @ 31k. This is especially bad, as it was a 5 speed and I'm not an aggressive driver. My buddy's '02 automatic needed fronts @ 30k.

My Jeep Wrangler went 48k on the fronts, and I do a decent amount of towing with it. Our other vehicles have been good for 45-50k or so with manual trannys.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

How much was the quote to replace the front brake pads and machine the rotors? I had my front brakes replaced at the local Subaru dealer: $100 parts, $150 labor. Sounds a bit high to me, but my brakes were squealing badly at 36,000 miles. I drive a '03 Legacy Wagon.

Reply to
ricardo381

They were replaced under warranty

Reply to