battery and brake light on

Hi

I have a 2002 suburu outback. A while ago the battery and brake light would flash intermittintly. The mechanic said the alternator is bad. had it replaced in january.

All was well for a while, last week it started flashing again; the alternator was bad, they replaced it.

Now the lights have come on and will not turn off. The battery is brand new, the mechanic checked the alternator and battery and said both ware fine.

Any ideas?

Mike Cardeiro

Reply to
mcardeiro

Yeah. #1, get your cash back for the alternator and battery, you obviously didn't need them if it's still happening. #2, take your car to a proper Subie mechanic, not some idiot who can't tell the difference between a charging system light and a brake system light.

-mark

Reply to
jb

I had the same problem....also the Cruise control wouldn't work. I had a problem in a lite harness in the hatch door. It had burned up in a socket and shorted out the brake lite circuit. Check to see if all of your brake lites work..

Jim in Redmond, WA

Reply to
Jim L

You've checked the parking lights switch on top of the steering column?

Ian.

Reply to
Ian Brown