Beware of data CDs on ebay

Beware of auto data cds on ebay This user was suspended "prologiss" there are others, keep an eye out. Incomplete data is an understatement.I would post this on all auto news groups, if it would be acceptable. The cds even had other makes and models all on one cd, bits and pieces of incomplete data. I learned more popping the hood than these cds have written. This is from the ebay ad itself. I have found identical ads by other usernames. Ads may change after this posting, but the heathens can't hide.

PAYMENTS BY PAYPAL ONLY..

COMPLETE SERVICE REPAIR MANUAL FOR VEHICLE ABOVE

This is the same information which is used by many of the high priced repair shops and dealer outlets !!!!

These CD-ROM manuals will pay for themselves the first time you use it !!

Reply to
bgd

DUH! The official service shop manual is several volumes and costs $100s. If you think you can buy an authentic manual from some anonymous dope on Ebay for $29, you might also like this bridge I have for sale.

Reply to
BobN

FWIW, I bought a genuine Ford CD for my 2000 Focus, it covers all Ford cars for model year 2000. It's the exact electonic equivalent of the genuine Ford paper manual set I bought from Helm, Inc. for about $200 if I remember correctly. It's not a pirated copy, it's the original CD imprinted with the Ford logo, etc.

Was it obtained legitimately by the seller? I suspect it was surplus'ed when an updated edition of the CD manual set came out, which probably happens at least once or twice per year.

Reply to
Mark Olson

Forgot to add, I only paid in the range of $10 to $15.

Reply to
Mark Olson

...Then you'd more than likely be correct. There are plenty of good sellers out there, as well as bad sellers...

Reply to
Phil

I purchased a complete 2002 WRX/Impreza service manual in .pdf format from an ebay seller for like $10. The real McCoy. Also got a service manual for my Toyota MR2; similar deal And for a basically unlimited time, I'm making these available to the fine folks in this usenet community for the cost of a download.

If anyone has anything else they'd like to add to my collection, let me know and I'll put them up for grabs as well. Community service, don't ya know :-)

WRX/Impreza: (.pdf's by section, ~100MB total)

MR2: (88 and 89, complete manual in one .pdf. 88 is ~23MB, 89 is close to 100MB)

EA81 engine: (scanned pages from shop manual, 200-300KB individually, or in one big 15MB .zip)

ByeBye! S.

For those looking at the WRX manual, be advised that the one section Steve hasn't posted, Section 2 - SOHC Engine, contains all of the information on the WRX cooling system. I don't have the space to host it, but it can be found here:

Ned Pike

Oops, my bad for not checking after an FTP session . . . section 2 there now. Thanx for the heads-up on this.

ByeBye! S.