Blowing head gaskets related question

Hi,

My wife's car (early 2002 Impreza 2.5 TS) was affected by that ?blowing head gaskets? recall. Once I got a notice from Subaru about year ago, I took the car to the service and they added that protecting fluid. At that time car has had about 50-55K. Now the odometer shows 70K miles.

1- since we have had not experienced the problem yet, does the chance of that blow increases or is lower? We plan add next 3K miles on the trip Chicago-Colorado-Chicago soon.

2- does re-flushing (never done since the car was bought as new one ? we are first owners) the coolant helps to lower the risk or make it worse?

3- My wife just brought the car from the jiffy lube and they:

a-claimed the small lack antifreeze/coolant and they and actually added a little of that (she told that just a little under the cap was ?missing?). Just wandering if it is due to normal ?leak? of the coolant, or it is blowing head gasket related. How safe it is adding the coolant to the affected engine?

b-applied "slick 50 engine cleaner". Is it a way to just take money from a customer or it actually helps?

Thanks. A.

Reply to
Andy Leszczynski

Edward Hayes