Brake band adjustment

Does anyone know the brake band adjustment procedure for a '99 SUS 2.5? My manual only goes up to ,96. My problem is when I put the car in "D" it takes 4 seconds for it to kick into gear, I'm so used to my other Subarus I step on the gas after about 2 seconds so when it does shift I get a BANG. What might cause this? (Will brake band adjustment cause this?) Another symptom is when I'm going down a hill at about 45 MPH and step on the brake to slow down the car shifts down WAY before either of my other Subs would. Thanks TG

Reply to
TG

I have the same problem with our 2003 OBW when shifting into drive, and would like to know if there's a fix as well.

Reply to
Neal

The delay in engaging is most probably due to the control valve inside the AT, not the brake band itself. If not the control valve, it could be leaky seals.

The brake band issues are noted mostly when upshifting (engine revs higher or there is braking).

The control valve was about $700 for my 95 Legacy.

In the case of the 03 wagon I would check if it fell under the Parking Pawl Recall. When replacing the parking pawl, the control valve has to be removed. When removing the transmission oil pan, all the liquid gasket has to be scrapped off. You connect the dots.

Best of lucks.

TG wrote:

Reply to
TM