Brake caliper lock pin torque

I'm replacing both rear disk brake pads in my 1992 legacy wagon. According to my Haynes manual, the rear brake caliper lock pin is supposed to be torqued to 144-204 in-lbs. The front caliper lock pin is

25-33 in-lbs. Is this correct? Why such an extreme difference? I tried to torque the rear pin to the specs but fear that it will snap off from the heavy torque. I ended up torquing both rear disk brake lock pins to around 30 in-lbs. This is how much torque it took to remove the pins. Is this OK?

Thanks, Wayne

Reply to
wayne

Sorry,

It's been pointed out to me that my torque wrench might be calibrated differently from the manual. My torque wrench is ft-lbs, not in-lbs. My mistake. I guess I'm over tightening it a bit.

Wayne

Reply to
wayne