brake light 2000 Forester

Can someone tell me how to replace the brake light bulb? I got the little compartment open but that's as far as I got. Do you twist or pull to get to the bulb? I don't want to break something. Is this a special bulb? I have tons of bulbs my late husband had squirreled away. Thanks for any help.

Reply to
shadowsmom via CarKB.com

Twist, then pull.

~Brian

Reply to
strchild

And use gloves when putting in the new one, to avoid getting oils from your fingers on the bulb.

Reply to
KLS