brakes

My 2003 OBS needs rotors, drums, pads, shoes, and possibly a caliper. I have family members who have replaced the same on their own cars (corolla, chrystler), will the subaru be much different? Is the ABS sensor going to be an issue for this job?

Reply to
Chicobiker

Shouldn't.

I'd suggest not screwing around with anything but Subaru parts for the job, though. And expect to be somewhat shocked with what they cost.

I've had 3 different sets of pads on this car, and one new set of supposedly premium rotors, and the next thing I'll do brake wise will be OEM all the way around.

I don't think the sensor gives any trouble at all. Least I dont' recall it being an issue. Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

My experience with Subaru and brakes is completely different.

Put Brembo rotors and Akebono ceramic pads on my Impreza and the combination is absolutely wonderful. Braking is noticeably better than OEM ever was, and the brakes are totally, absolutely silent (unlike dealer-installed OEM pads years ago, which were screeching from day one and never quite stopped. ). All in all, I paid 30% less than I would for OEM parts and almost twice less by not going to dealer to do the job.

DK

Reply to
DK

I have had problems with front rotors on all my Subies ('93 Legacy and '02 Outback/Impreza). And the worst was Impreza. Replaced with plain Brembo bought on tirerack.com for something like $35 a piece. As far as pads, I use OEM found at dealership @ $79 a pair.

A.

Reply to
Andy

I've done 3 track events with stock rotors and pads on my '06 WRX Sportwagon. Still have (a little) pad material left. No noise, no 'judder' , no problems.

I THINK the OEM pads are ceramic?

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Not sure about WRX but "plain" Subaru models have semi-metallic pads. I'd be surprised if WRX had ceramics.

Reply to
DK