Broken Rear-view Mirror on Driver's door

I parked my 2004 Forester 2.5X at the curb and when I returned, I found the mirror on the driver's side door hanging by the wires. Looks like someone ran into it (they didn't leave a note, though...grrr...). No other damage on the car, though, thank goodness. I checked out the part at

and it looks like I need to replace the mirror assembly (~$150), as well as the mirror itself (~$20) (it comes as a separate part). Is this a repair I can do on my own (looks like all I have to do is remove the tweeter and undo 3 bolts that secure the mirror housing to the door and undo a wiring harness or two), or should I take it to the Subaru dealer? Should I anticipate any snafus? Thanks!

Reply to
ricardo381

Why not remove the triangular/tweeter cover and see if you can detach the old mirror. If loosening some bolts/screws makes it seem as if the old one will come off then try it yourself. If not just order the part and see if a body shop will intasll it for you

Reply to
jabario