"Bucking" & Check engine light question

My 2002 Impreza went through several minutes of "bucking" and then the check engine light came on and stayed without flashing. According to my manual it is probably a catalytic converter problem. Something does not seem right about that conclusion. Before I go to the dealer I wonder what you folks think. Thanks Greta

Reply to
Greta

I'd say that is is impossible to say without reading the code. Bucking could be caused by many things - a clogged fuel filter could cause it but that would just be a guess. Go to pepboys and ask them to read the code your car is throwing. They'll do that for free. Don't have them fix anything because they are mostly morons. Report back with the code.

Reply to
Remco