Buying OBW 2.5i today - Buy warranty?

I am buying OBW 2.5i. Dealer has offered genuine Subaru factory warranties, sale price "today only" (end of month story), as follows:

6 yr 80K miles, regular price 1370, sale price 985 7 yr 100 miles, reg 2150, sale price 1775

Among other things, warranty does not cover catalytic converter, wind noise, shocks, cable and linkage adjustments.

I drive 15K miles per year.

Is this a good deal?

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Go to

and ask this question. Remember that you have a

3y36,000 mile bumper to bumper and a 5y/60,000 mile drive train in addition to 80,000 on your catalytic converter on your new vehicle now.
Reply to
Edward Hayes

Thanks for excellent advice.

Jim

Edward Hayes wrote:

Reply to
Jim

Struts were replaced under subaru xtended warranty. It's a gamble-- remember a tranny or ABS issue at 61000 miles and youd wish youd bought the warranty. You might get 300k miles with just regular maintenance. After seeing the warranties pay for themselves over and over again on a VW Passat and a 92 Dodge I paid 900 for a 5yr, 100k subaru gold. It may not be needed but if I have a serious issue I dont have to worry.

Reply to
bigjim