Can anyhelp me on this please?

Hi,

My Subaru,when I start the car my voltage meter reads between 10 and 11 or less sometimes which makes my car weak, but when i go over 3 and half thousand revs my voltage shoots up to 13 amd running fine

This is a right pain because sometimes my battery goes flat leaving to bump the car of leads but the battery is fine.

Has anyone else accoured a similar problem? Thanks

Ceri

Reply to
outrated

mulder

Hi,

Thanks m8 will take it to a local outfit.

Reply to
outrated

AutoZone will do a voltage charging test for you free.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Reply to
mulder

Those poor people in the UK. No wonder our ancestors left there (and other countries.) No Autozones! :)

Back on topic, that's how my Subaru behaved when the alternator bit the dust. Bad voltage regulator in my case. Take my advice, if you DIY, *do not* buy a cheap alternator. You're only asking for more headaches later.

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Kragen does this also. If you walk in with an alternator, they will test it right at the counter. They will also roll a test stand out into the parking lot and test your entire charging system--the only cost is for any parts you end up buying.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman