CD Deck for 2000 Subaru Outback

Hi,

I'm looking for an inexpensive CD Deck for a 2000 Subaru Outback I purchased recently. Subaru dealers price these at a minimum of $600. Best Buy and Circuit City sites say their CD Decks, priced more affordably around $200, don't fit. Does anybody know where I can get an inexpensive CD Deck that does fit and how I can get it installed?

Reply to
StandUpGuy

You MIGHT find one on the marketplace/for sale sections of

or
. The latter also has a 'wanted' section. Junkyards and Ebay would be another way to go. I'm not sure which ones will 'drop in' though. maybe someone else here does.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

If you have any independent car stereo shops in your area, I'd go there instead of a big box store. I bought a '95 Outback for my son last year, and had a local shop replace the old cassette deck with a Pioneer CD player that plays MP3's, too. I think it cost about $200 plus installation.

You can also look at

and look under "CarAudio & Video", click on "Find what fits my car". You should find lotsof car stereos in a wide price range for your car.

Zelda

Reply to
zelda

I don't see the issue...I have a 2000 OB and put in a standard Pioneer Din sized Radio/CD. There is room for at least two. Go to Car Toys or any installation shop and you won't have any issues.

Jim

Reply to
Jim L

What do you mean that it doesn't fit? I put a JVC LH2000 CD/MP3 deck with removable faceplate in mine, fits fine. Are you trying to put a dual height deck in?

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan