Certified Pre-owned

Some questions for those of you who may have purchased in Subaru's certified pre-owned (CPO) program. I am looking for good ways to search for CPOs from dealers outside my local area, and I am considering how to work with my local dealer for maintenance and service under warranty if I do purchase a CPO from a remote dealer.

(1) What is the best way to search for a CPO Subaru? Is there any comprehensive listing database across all dealers? Can dealers obtain CPO-listed cars from other dealers within the network?

(2) Extended Warranty Coverage under CPO: must any Subaru dealer honor the warranty terms of a CPO purchased elsewhere? In the case of a dispute, would Subaru of America make a determination? Would the dealer who sold the vehicle need to be involved?

(3) Who are the best and largest dealers in the northeast US? Which dealers have the most extensive CPO programs?

Reply to
skomorokh

A friend of mine bought a car, not a Subaru, off eBay which was still under warranty. He's had no problems getting it fixed at any dealer. As far a certified cars go, most people use their cars to drive places. It would be foolish to think that you would have to take the car all the way back to the dealer you got it from to get it fixed. The certification is supposed to come from Subaru, not from the dealer. If in doubt, contact Subaru before making your purchase.

Reply to
Sheldon