Changing knock sensor on a 1999 Legacy 2.2L

Hi all,

I am going to replace it and was just wondering if I should expect any coolant leak while doing the job?

Thanks, /MM

Reply to
MM

I replaced the knock sensor on my son's '99 Impreza (with 2.5L engine) and it's located in the intake manifold - so no coolant issues. Should be the same for you, I would think.

Dan D '99 Impreza 2.5 RS (son's) Central NJ USA

Reply to
DJD58

Not at all. Just unscrew it and install new one.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Thanks so much to you and Dan for answering!

Reply to
MM

Just did this myself on a 95 Legacy. No coolant leak - it's just bolted onto the top of the engine.

You don't have to remove the intake manifold either, like it says to in the service manual. A 6" socket extender is enough to reach the nut and anyone with normal/slender fingers should be able to reach the connector.

Reply to
Dominic Richens