cheap insurence

does anyone know any cheap insurence companys

trying to get quotes for subaru impreza WRX STI "53" plate

cheers lee

Reply to
lee

Lot of people say Geico is cheapest. Rates vary state to state in US. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

Liverpool Victoria

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

'"They called him Jimmy the gent"

Reply to
Nige

sorry i forgot ( i live in the UK )

thanks anyway frank!

lee

Reply to
lee

Yeah, all of them. They're not all inexpensive, but they're *all* guaranteed to be cheap. Insurance companies aren't in this business for your health and peace of mind. They're in it for themselves.

Since you need insurance only to prove you have it when registering your car (in some places), and when you make a claim, you should take a look at Consumer Reports for customer service rankings of big insurance companies before you buy. You don't want a company that's helpful only until you make a claim. If you are doing business with a local guy, I also recommend calling the local Better Business Bureau.

I prefer Geico and State Farm. They offer decent service at a reasonable price and encourage repeat business,. and they don't give you even more grief when you've had an accident and need to fix your car. For Geico, you need a good record, but they're cheaper if you qualify.

Reply to
Mike Isaacs

UK signature and "cheers" - how did I miss this? Would not be surprised, in today's environment, that companies like Geico and State Farm did not have an international presence. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

I do mine through Amex. Check it every year and always the cheapest quote... at least for the level of cover offered. Just got the quote through for another year on my unmodified '95 'Rex' and it is down to GBP391, including no claims protection.

David Betts snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk

Reply to
David Betts

Try Privilege, cheapest i could find.