Check Engine Code # P0447 in '01 Forester

Hi;

I have an '01 Forester with the Check Engine light on. It is showing Code # P0447 with my Innova 3100 OBD2 Code Reader. Any help with what this code refers to and how to effect a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Rod.

Reply to
Rodwreck

P0447 = Evaporative emission control system vent control low input.

Check that your gas cap is on tightly first.

zero

Reply to
beertender

Hi; Thanks for the response. Gas cap is on tightly. The CEL has been on for some time now. When I try to cancel the code so the light goes out I am unsucsessful, as the car will start, then stall out. Upon resarting the CEL is back on. Any further input on this is appreciated! Rod.

Reply to
Rodwreck

A sensor in the emissions system has gone low.

Try

problem, looks like you've gotta jack your car up and f*ck around withsome wiring.

Basically, as most subarus are built the same at the factory, then tuned, detuned, and extra gear put on in the country they'll be sold - ie your emissions gear - it's probably a hack job with the wiring.

As the bloke above has done, if the solder joint is too corroded to fix, then use a pinch / splice connector. Just make sure you crush the metal tab in properly.

Also, reinforce it from the weather. Some liquid electrical tape should do it, from a good electrical store.

-mark

Reply to
jb