check engine light

i have a 97 outback..last week my cel came on and i called the dealer and ha said to check gas cap....i did cel went off then about a 100 miles later cel went on again.. filled tank up light went off then about 6 miles later light came on again drove about 36 more miles and my car stalled at a stop sigh restarted car ran fine...any help what is wrong?

Reply to
wenwat

Since the CEL came on stop fooling around and read the diagnostic codes...that's why the system is there, not so you will scratch your head and ask "I wonder what it might be". TG

Reply to
TG

Have the CEL code read for free at any Autozone. Google the results, or ask here, again for further info, in necessary.

Reply to
CompUser