Cleaning cloth seats..

I have a 04 outback with cloth seats and I did something 'really' stupid.. i.e. left a box of chocolates on the back seat and forgot that the weather changed from sub zero winter into WARM summer. needless to say the chocolate now adorns the wonderful back seat...

I don't have any car carpet shampoo places around here and was wondering what I could do do get the stains off?

is it possible to actually remove the cloth from off the seats and wash them in a washingmachine? any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Reply to
kiritb

I used a mini bissell vac to good success, just very very slow. It is intended for spot cleaning of carpets and furniture, so running it for

5 minutes is no big deal right? Well my old 1992 Loyale has some really deep dirt/mud in the seats. I spent an hour with that thing on just the 2 front seats. The back seats are next when I get motivated.

The end result was great. Colourful seats, clean looking. Basically, I sprayed the seats, scrubbed it in and sucked it out. Repeat several times until desired result. The foam cushion is some kind of non-porous foam, something like that instant insulation in a can stuff. The next day, I layed a garbage bag on the seat to use the car. The day after that the seat was still slightly damp but I didn't need the garbage bag.

I don't have any car carpet shampoo places around here and was wondering what I could do do get the stains off?

is it possible to actually remove the cloth from off the seats and wash them in a washingmachine? any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Reply to
Karma