Click & Clack - bit off topic

Anyone read the Sunday Click and Clack, The Tappet Brothers, column on August 2??

You WILL NOT BELIEVE IT! Someone who ought NOT to be behind the wheel reported that his locking ignition switch malfunctioned three times WHILE HE WAS DRIVING, preventing him from steering. He was trunding down the highway, his wheel locked, he couldn't steer, he turned the ignition off then back on again to restore his steering.

Took it to his Acura dealer, it was a NEW CAR!, and the dealer said we can't find anything wrong and this guys drives away and has it happen to him...wait for it...TWICE MORE, almost hitting a tree the second time before he realized that just maybe this isn't a good idea.

Click and Clack intelligently told him not to drive it again, get a lawyer, return the car to the Acura dealer and demand they fix it and give him another car while they attempt to fix it.

How, please tell me, how did this guy ever get a license!!??

Hope he doesn't live in my neighborhood.

Gunny;

Reply to
Gunny

Gotta be American.

Any Aussie would have taken it back and explained forcefully that they were not happy driving it, and gotten either a replacement on the spot or a loan car on the spot. The first time it happened.

-mark

Reply to
Mark jb

Reminds me of the guy, I swear this is true, who told the judge his excuse for speeding was that his contacts were full of gunk and he could not see his speedometer well enough to read his speed.

Jay M '03 Baja USA

Reply to
Googler

I got rear-ended by a guy who admitted he was having an asthma attack and his head was under the dashboard looking for his inhaler when he hit me.

Yet he didn't seem to comprehend that the impact was totally his fault. Grrr.

Reply to
Tom Reingold

The teenaged girl's excuse for taking the bumper cover off of her moms car while backing it out of a parking stall:

"You parked it in crooked!!!"

Good ol' USofA . . . "Why take responsibility for your screw-ups when you can find somebody else to blame" . . .

ByeBye! S.