Clock in my 98 forester

the clock near the headliner in my 98 forester is out, it has been out as long as I have ownerd the vehicle, I was wondering if anyone has had problems with this, i am hoping this is only a fuse or even just the clock, I'd really like to not have to dig around in the wirring. If it is a clock does anyone know if the clocks are interchangable between models?

Reply to
JonathanMichaelCosgrove

Here's a link to an entire thread on the issue with instructions for repairing. fyi

Carl

1 Lucky Texan
Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

thanks very much, I m going to radio shack this afternoon to buy a resistor as this piece has fallen off the board

Reply to
Jonathan

You are getting good info but look carefully. In my case the SMD resistor was still in place but the solder had migrated away from it due to the heat generated while clock is dimmed. Re-soldering was all it took to restore proper operation. You may find it labelled '510' ot '510 1W'. This was in my 1998 Forester, I fixed it in 2004, don't expect to fix it again until 2010 ;-) Jim

Reply to
Jim Guerino