Clock LED is out

The clock LED on my '99 Forester sort of gradually gave out a week or so back - now it's completely out. I'm guessing it's a loose wire somewhere (not likely to be a fuse since it didn't go completely out right away, and nothing else seems to be affected). Anyone else have this happen? And any idea if this is something that I might be able to fix myself without too much problem, or would I be better off to wait until next time I bring the car in for regular service (which I'm planning to do in the next few weeks anyway)? Thanks.

Reply to
sharksfan

Hi, Seem to recall someone mentioning a small resistor on the clock module that runs very hot and eventually weakens it's own solder joint/pad, just needs resoldering and away you go for another 6 years.

Reply to
Marcus

Sounds more like the LED itself has burnt out. Slightly too much voltage over the life of the car and it will have been a little brighter than usual, but dramatically reduces the life of the LED.

-mark

Reply to
Mark