clutch chatter

Has anyone had a problem with clutch chatter especially in cold weather? Chatters when releasing in 1st only. 2002 OBW....intermittant

Reply to
David

What model Suby are you speaking of?

Not that is really matters, the stock Subaru clutch has a huge chatter problem when it is cold. This is normal, my '02 WRX wagon does it all the time. It only happens in 1st gear and when it is cold. Subaru knows the problem and hasn't fixed it. Some people have been successful in getting it replaced under warrantee, but most are told to just wear out the stock one and put in a slightly nicer aftermarket one. This usually fixes the problem. Hope that helps.

Ed

Reply to
Edward Arata

I own a 1998 Forester and I have the same problem when I start slowly. No problem when I start quickly with higher RPM. My wife nerver has that problem...

"Edward Arata" schreef in bericht news:40019c3b$ snipped-for-privacy@pfaff2.ethz.ch...

Reply to
Herwig Haentjens

Seems the problem is not confined to clutch under cold condition. My Forester use to have it in the winter. Last week I drove it from Sydney to Melbourne (about 850km). And the nex couple of days the clutch started to chatter again. Mind you down under here now it is middle of summer.

Reply to
TPG NG