cold/humid weather causes automatic door unlock

2000 Subaru Outback Impreza

I'm having an odd problem with my car in cold/humid weather. When the temp drops or just after a snow storm it causes the doors to unlock. The lights flash twice, the interior light comes on and the doors unlock. The damp cold is triggering the the door lock sensor like it is receiving the "unlock door" feature using the fob on my Subaru remote to unlock/lock doors.

Anyone heard of this happening? What is the fix and if need be can I have the remote lock feature disabled and I'll just key my way in with the key?

TIA

Reply to
Bobbylon

Is the security turned off too? That is, will the alarm activate if you were to open a door?

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

I haven't heard of anything like that, but in all likelihood it _is_ something to do with the keyless entry module.

You can disable this function by simply unplugging the module. I think it lives under the dash on the left side of the steering column.

I don't know if this will affect the security system or not, you'll have to try and see.

If you will email me directly, I can send you the appropriate pages from a Y2K Forester FSM. Not exactly what you want, but pretty much the same I'll bet.

Let me know.

ByeBye! S.

Sounds like your Outback can't wait to drive through the snow. Or was it an Impreza?

Reply to
Ingo Menger