Coolant Sensor Install

I am looking to install a aftermarket gauge pack on my 2002 Impreza which consists of a Oil Pressure, Water Temp and Voltmeter. I have installed the oil pressure gauge and am about to install the water temperature sensor. The problem that I have is that there's only 1 place to get the coolant temp and it currently is taken up by the factory water temp sensor. My plan is to take it out and screw in a T type connector and then screw in each sensor into this T connector. My worries at the moment is that since the factory sensor will no longer be submerged in coolant that it will make the computer believe the engine is cooler than it actually is. Am I correct or do you think its nothing to worry about?

Also is there any other place that one can install a second water temp sensor?

Thanks Gerald

Reply to
Gerald Graf

Never mind about the post, I have found that there is a plug which seems be designed exactly for this which is located just beside the stock temp sensor, which is open on Subaru's earlier that 2002 with the

2.5, after that year it seems like its used as a passage way to help to heat up the throttle body. The only place that seems to be left to install such a sensor is in the rubber hose just before it enters the heater block.